Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Haircuts and Stomach Bugs


Since Gabby was one week old, we have been suffering one issue after another with our sweet little girl.  To begin with, she got thrush at 7 days old as a result of the antibiotics I received in labor.  Thrush is a mild ailment, but for some reason or another Gabby is not able to fight off the infection. She is now 7 weeks old, and still suffering from thrush.  She had a reprieve for almost a week, but it has once again flared up.  So far none of the medicine is working, lets pray that she fights off the Thrush soon.

Gabby has also been suffering from a gastrointestinal problem and my diaper bill is increasing daily.  For over 8 days Gabby's little stomach is irritated.  Nothing is settling and she is one unhappy baby. She is not sleeping, fussy and her stomach is extremely irritated not to mention her delicate rear end.  I am going through 13-14 diapers a day!!  We went to the doctor's today and they did some labs on her diapers to see if she has a  rotavirus or a bacterial infection that is causing the issue.  I hope we find a solution soon because this is downright miserable.  On the flip side I did get to see how big the princess is.  Here are her 7 week stats:

Weight:  9 lbs  (30% for weight - great considering she was 6 lbs 11 oz at birth)
Height:  21 inches (12 % - she was just under 21 inches)
Head:  was in the 75th percentile.  I thought she had a big head! :)

Gabby is short and stocky, seems to take after her father! :)  However, since Natalie had a big head as an infant I will admit that comes from my side of the family.


I can not write a blog and forget about Miss Natalie Mae.  My adorable 5 year old daughter decided to cut her hair today.  I was letting her cut shapes with her little safety scissors and she came to show me how well she cut the shapes when I noticed she cut the front of her hair clear to her nose.  I asked her why she cut her hair and she quoted "I wanted to look like Dora the Explorer."  Needless to say she lost her scissors, DVD player, and Nintendo DS.  She was supposed to host a little slumber party this weekend, but we are evaluating whether or not she will have it.  If she remains on her best behavior this week then we might let her have it. I find the haircut quite humorous, but I can't reinforce the bad behavior!

Life is never boring with the two girls, and a husband who is in the military.

No comments: