Friday, March 5, 2010

From Lawyer to SAHM - Typical Day

Today I headed over to Kelly's Korner blog where she was doing show us your day.  A year ago my day would have been filled with daycare, work, lunch, daycare, gym, dinner baths and bed, but today I am a SAHM married to an officer in the military with a completely different but busy schedule.

6:00-6:30 wake up with the baby to feed 7 week old Gabby.
7:30 - the 5 year old gets up and she eats and gets dressed.
8:45 - out the door for pre-k
9:00 - drop Natalie off at Pre-K and nurse the baby.
9:30 - hit the gym for hour long aerobics class with a friend.
11:30 - meet my husband at the same gym for weight training.  Need to shed those last remaining baby pounds.  I do know she is only 7 weeks old though.
12:30 - Nurse the baby again.
1:00 - Pick Natalie up from Pre-K. I have somehow managed to spend the entire morning away from home. Now its chore time.
1:00-4:00 - play with Natalie, pick up the house, do some laundry, nurse the baby and get Natalie ready for Taekwondo.
4:00-5:30 - Taekwondo with Natalie.
6:00 - get dinner ready and cooking to eat around 6:30.
6:30-7 nurse the baby again!!!
7:00-9:00 - bath, book and bed for Natalie. Spend time with my husband on the couch watching whatever show we get on AFN.
10:00 - nurse the baby again and get ready for bed....
11:00 - Sleep until the wake up call around 2-3 am.
2:00 - 3:00 - Nurse the baby and go back to sleep!

*somewhere in there I do grab a shower, it just varies daily**
I typically stay really busy. Wednesdays I have bible study thrown in there for a change and Thursdays are the only day's we tend to "stay" at the house, but we manage to get out anyways.  I wouldn't trade this for anything though there are days that I miss practicing law and the hectic life that comes with it!!!
Gabby sleeping while we were at a traditional Korean Restaurant.
Suwon Fortress, Suwon, South Korea.

1 comment:

Lesli said...

Wow you are one busy lady, it made me tired just reading it..lol... you have a beautiful family, I look forward to reading more!