Friday, December 11, 2009

Korean Hospitals...

Korean Hospitals are not like American Hospitals...

I had the wonderful pleasure of spending the last two days of my life in a Korean Hospital in Seoul, South Korea.  It began on Wednesday when I went for an ultrasound at the military hospital.  The ultrasound was great and the little girl is quite hefty for her age (App. 5.5 lbs.)  Afterwards I dropped off a letter for my doctor.  Needless to say I was given a NST and it showed I was having contractions and was dilated partially.  I immediately got sent by Ambulance to a Korean Hospital.  I had every test known to mankind and felt very violated. I even got a chest x-ray. I am still trying to figure that one out.

I got to share a little room with a korean lady, sleep on a gurney, and much more fun.  I was released today after the contractions stopped and I never dilated.  Thank goodness for that.  I have no pictures because I didn't want any!!!!

Lets hope this little one stays in until Christmas Day......thats the project date I can deliver at the American Hospital, and after the last two/three days that is a much better place.

I will never take the healthcare I have received in the United States forgranted again!

No comments: