Saturday, December 12, 2009

Baby Shower

Three weeks ago, my friends threw me a baby shower.  It was a really special day, and I had a great time. They did a good job decorating and cooking wonderful food. Since the baby's room is a tropical print in yellow and pink they used the same theme for the shower. We had a Hawaiian themed baby shower.  I loved it.


Amy (and Sophia), Me (with Emery) and Kim
Yesterday, I co hosted a shower for Amy, one of the ladies who threw my shower.  She is due a day before me and is also expecting a daughter. Her baby girl, Sophia, will have an Arabian Nights themed nursery filled with rich jewel tones and fabrics of the same color.  For her shower we threw a Thai inspired baby shower with the same colors and Thai food.  I had only been home from the hospital for less than 24 hours when we had her party, so it was definitely interesting to pull it together when I had half of the items! :)

Here are some pictures from my shower, and I will be posting pictures from Amy's shower later. 

Cheesy Pregnant Woman drinking a Pina Colada


The cakes for my shower.  Kim made this beautiful diaper cake!

Opening some gifts


Reading the sweet card from Joanne

No comments: