Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mallipo Beach

This past Saturday we took a day trip to Mallipo Beach. It is about a two hour drive from Pyongtaek, where we live.  We went with some friends and had a wonderful time. Natalie and Daisy enjoyed playing in the sand and loved jumping on their Daddy's in the ocean.  Shauna and I manned down the tents with the two babies, though Jae and Gabby enjoyed splashing on the waters edge. Jae enjoyed crawling through the sand and eating it. Gabby thought eating sand was great too. I think I spent more time getting sand out of her mouth than anything else.  Towards the end of the afternoon, Shauna and I went on a Banana Boat ride that was a wee bit crazy. The driver was going really fast and was trying to throw us off. Us Texas girls were not going to allow the Koreans the satisfaction and held on for dear life.  Today my body aches! :)

A girl who really wants to go.  Yay for me, she has mastered the Low Crawl and is now mobile. Fortunately, she is really slow so I can head her off.  Unfortunately, I feel she will be crawling soon!

Destroying something

Doing what little girls do the best, dig in the Sand and build Princess Castles!
A view of the Beach
Up the road to where we parked.
This is what happens when you forget the BBQ grill. You improvise. Good thing they are from Texas and Wyoming!
Sleeping in Style

1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks like a fun day at the beach! What smart guys to be able to rig a bbq grill anywhere. Thinking of you as Natty starts school soon...can't believe she is old enough to be in kindergarten!