Monday, January 31, 2011

Sleep Success at 12.5 months!

Why didn't I try this earlier?  Was it my lack of desire to persevere with her, or just not wanting to rock the boat, but for whatever reason I never let her cry for more than 5 min.  I think I accidentally took to attachment parenting without realizing it.  Well after 3 long nights of fussing, I can safely say that Gabby has been sleeping thru the night for 5 nights in a row! I might come to regret this tonight as she might prove me wrong, but for now I have enjoyed several nights sleep.

The first night she woke up at 2 a.m. in her predictable fashion and it took 2 hours to get her to go back to sleep!  I would enter her room every 5-10 min to calm her down and comfort her, but never offered her a bottle.  2 hours later she gave up and went back to sleep.
Day two was even shorter. She cried for 1.5 hours off and on.  I went in her room every 10-12 min to comfort her and let her know I was still there.  She eventually went back to sleep.
Day three was the shortest at 30 min of on again off again fussing. It was never crying that uncontrollable and there were never any tears. She just fussed.  After 30 min and me going in there twice she fell asleep.  Every night since then she has slept like a little angel.  7 pm to 7 am.  I couldn't ask for a better sleeper!  She even takes longer naps during the day now! I am completely amazed!

Why didn't I do this earlier?????  Lesson learned for baby #3!!! (though I am sure it will throw me a curve ball and I will have to learn something new!)

No comments: