Friday, April 23, 2010

Eharmony gave me my perfect Match

This week on Kelly's Korner she is doing How you met your husband.  Well, Rick and I met on Eharmony!  Thats right, we met online.  After being a single mother for 3 years and working as an Oil/Gas Attorney in Fort Worth, Texas, there wasn't much time for dating.  My family lived three hours away and I rarely had a chance for a sitter for my daughter.  I worked with mostly women and married men, so my chances of meeting someone were few and far between.  My friends suggested trying online dating and I decided to try Eharmony since they match you with someone based on a VERY lengthy personality profile you have to fill out.  I thought I would give it a one month try to see what I thought.  3 days before the end of my month, I was emailed by Rick.  I almost completely blew him off since his pictures made him appear to be a "party"boy and I was far from that type of girl.  Also, I must admit I liked tall men and Rick was the opposite. Actually, he was shorter than me and I found that somewhat of a challenge.  Finally, he was an officer in the Military and I was NEVER going to marry someone in  the military.  I guess God had other plans for me.


After emailing me several times, I responded and we eventually talked on the telephone.  I was unable to procure a babysitter for my 3 yr old for our first "date", so we made it a casual dinner and ice cream in downtown Fort Worth.  I thought our date was successful, but I didn't hear from him for 10 days!

We had our second date two weeks after our first and from there on out we took dating casually and enjoyed a summer of fun in the sun and casual dates.  At the end of October only 6 months from meeting, Rick moved to South Carolina and I was left wondering what was going to happen.  I flew to South Carolina in December and it was there he proposed to me on the beaches of Charleston.

We married TWO WEEKS after our proposal, which was 8 months after we met!!!  I quit my job as an attorney, packed up me and my daughter and we moved to South Carolina for 5 months.  A year ago we moved to South Korea where we are for the next couple of years.  

It has only been 2 YEARS since we met and a lot has changed.  We married, moved twice and just recently added a new baby into the mix!!  It has been a whirlwind but worth every minute!

1 year ago 
and 
Our family two years after we first met! We now have 2 daughters!!

8 comments:

Mama Bear said...

whew! sounds like life has been a whirlwind lately!!
what a sweet story :)

Mrs. Carioca said...

I love your story! We met online too :)

Tara G. said...

Wonderful and what a sweet family!!

Mendy said...

That is the sweetest story! Thanks for sharing.

Our Happy Married Life... said...

Great story! We met on eharmony also. :)

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

You all are AWESOME!!!!!

Bri Hedgpeth said...

I love your story! Very, very sweet!

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet and touching story, Megan! I love it. You have a Duncan cousin in Austin that met her fella the same way, they've been dating two years, now living together. I wish you many, many
years of happiness together,
Lynda Duncan Meinke Miles