Saturday, January 23, 2010

Purple People Eater

Having a baby definitely keeps you on your toes.  Friday night I started noticing that Gabby's tongue was looking slightly white, I thought it might have been milk tongue, but wanted to keep watching it for the evening.  Well come early Saturday morning her tongue was still white and she had some white patches on her cheeks.  I knew instantly that she had Thrush.  Considering the fact that there is only a small clinic on post, I had to take Gabby to the After Hours Clinic.  At the AHC we get luck of the draw on the providers.  Several of the Docs that work the AHC openly admit to not liking Pediatrics and usually send you home empty handed; however, today, the Pediatrician was on call which was a huge blessing.  After looking at Gabby she confirmed my suspicions and informed me that Gabby did have Thrush.  The treatment for thrush was Genetin Violet, a purple medicine that coats Gabbys mouth.  As a result her mouth gets stained and she turned into a Purple People Eater!

On another note, she has regained her birthweight at 10 days now weighing 6 lbs 11 oz. again.  She is quite the little Piggy!

Her cute little purple lips

Trying to wake her up, she was sleeping for over four hours 
Rick loving on Gabby

Still sleeping regardless of stripping off her outfit
Me after changing her pants.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hopefully the purple lips have worn off by now. She is beautiful, and I'm sure she is sweet! I love your haircut...it looks great. Keep the pictures coming of your precious family!