Sunday, July 27, 2008

Iraq Bound











First of all, I apologize for the lack of posts as of late.  My (new) camera met its unfortunate fate at the hands of some kids at the lake.  They decided to fill my backpack with sand as I played with Natalie, thus filling the camera with sand rendering it broken.  Thus, no pictures have been taken. However, I am back on the market with a new camera and I will be updating things more and more as we are getting ready to embark on some fun adventures.  However, this post is not to discuss the fun we will have but to send our love to Phil who had his sendoff ceremony at Texas Stadium this weekend.

Thats right, Phil will be returning to Iraq for his second tour. This time leaving behind his wife and 4 month old son, Ian.  His unit out of El Campo, Texas, has attached to a unit in Irving, Texas and they will be providing Convoy Security in Iraq.  He will not make it to Iraq until October/November, but will be training stateside in North Carolina and Georgia until then.  We will miss him all terribly and we keep him in our thoughts and prayers.  As Natalie says "Yay-Yay is a soldier, he is going to keep us safe"  


No comments: